The Winter Soup
Crunchy soup? Soup that will make your immune system eat ebola for breakfast? This is it.
Casimirs Winter Soup
- One onion, fried
- 8 dl water (or more if needed)
- 750g cabbage (1/4 head)
- 100 g diced soup vegetables
- One purjo = leek, halved coins
- 3 tablespoons (E.V. Olive) Oil
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 4 large horseradish coins (~50 g)
- 1/2 cup Almonds, diced finely, soaked/sprouted (~50 g)
- 4 tablespoons light soy miso
- 5 large Licorice root coins
- 8 black peppers
- 8 black Sichuan peppers
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 4 Cloud Ear Fungus (about 150 g)
- 10 small Shiitake (100 g)
- Forest mushrooms, dried, rehydrated (~50 g)
The cabbage, almond crumbles and cloud ear & shiitake are crunchy. The almonds round the taste.
The licorice root brings a slight sweet aftertaste, to the warm delish hot round taste of the soup. The root contains glycyrrhizin, which has a sweet taste - 30–50 times the sweetness of sugar!
Serve with fresh mung sprouts, perhaps some soba -noodles for the hungry.
Don't eat the black peppers or the licorice root! 8) Add more ginger and more shiitake for more immune system kick.